General Institutional Information
Institutional and Program Accreditation
York College of The City University of New York is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 267-284-5000. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Special program accreditations include:
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences - (Status: The self-study has been submitted and the site visit is in October)
- Privacy of Student Records - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, Faculty
- Transfer of Credits Policy and Articulation Agreements
- York College Credit Hour Policy and Procedures
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- All of CUNY's campuses are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- All of CUNY's degree programs are registered with the New York State Department of Education.
- Many of CUNY's campuses offer additional programs that are accredited by outside agencies <doc>.
- For information about the accreditation of health and teaching programs on a CUNY campus, please enter the campus name into the search box at http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?s=all and click on the "Accreditation" box.
- Copyright Materials
- Information Technology
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computing Resources
- CUNY Policy on File Sharing and Digital Copyright Infringement (P2P, DCMA etc)
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Student Activities
Student Financial Assistance
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local and Institutional Programs
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans <pdf>
- Federal Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Financial Aid Office
- Preferred Lender Lists/Arrangements: CUNY does not recommend any specific lender or preferred lender arrangement. Contact the lender of your choice for details about their program and application process.
Health and Safety
- CUNY Policy on Drugs and Alcohol <pdf>
- CUNY Drug and Alcohol Amnesty Policy
- Risk and Consequences of Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Vaccination Policies
- Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics, and Crime Log
- Each campus publishes its own annual security report on its website. To view the annual security report for a specific campus, please visit the website for that campus or enter the name of the campus in the search box at the following website:
- https://ope.ed.gov/campussafety/ - click on the campus security box.
- Office of Public Safety at York College
- Office of Public Safety (Statistics, Reports, and Prevention Guidebooks)
- Title IX Policy
- Full-Time Freshmen Retention Rates By Gender
- Full-Time Freshmen Retention Rates by Race/Ethnicity
- Four Year Graduation Rates by Gender, Fall 2012 Cohort
- Six-Year Graduation Rates by Gender, Fall 2010 Cohort
- Four-Year Graduation Rates by Race/Ethnicity, Fall 2012 Cohort
- Six-Year Graduation Rates by Race/Ethnicity, Fall 2010 Cohort
- Six Year Transfer-Out Rates, Fall 2010 Cohort
- Job-Placement for Graduates
- Student Policies and Procedures
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- For data Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act.) on a specific campus, please enter that campus's name into the search box at Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Page
- Voter Registration
- TEACHER PREPARATION PROGRAM REPORT - The following CUNY colleges offer teacher preparation programs: Brooklyn College; City College; College of Staten Island; Hunter College; Lehman College; Medgar Evers College; NYC College of Technology; Queens College; and York College.
- For information about the pass rates of students who enrolled in CUNY's teacher preparation programs, please visit the websites for those campuses or The Title II Website and go to the top tab "View Reports/Resources." From there you can access the archived reports for New York State. The "Teacher Assessments" tab will provide you with the pass rates and other information for all teaching programs within the state, including CUNY's.