COVID Requirements for Campus Access
The current protocol can be found on the CUNY COVID-19 Campus Safety Policy for Visitor Access to Campus webpage.
Anyone who does not meet these requirements will not be permitted on the campus and consequently will not be able to present for Round 3 of JSHS.
Definition of Visitor
A visitor to a University campus is someone who is not a CUNY student, faculty, or staff member. Examples of visitors include, but are not limited to:
- employees of related entities of CUNY including without limitation auxiliary enterprise corporations, colleges associations, and child care centers
- unpaid college interns
- community members and other individuals coming to campus to use University facilities such as pools and gyms, or to attend activities on campus
- family members or friends of CUNY students, faculty, or staff.
Rules for Visitors
Subject to the exceptions in this policy, every visitor to a CUNY campus, whether accessing indoor or outdoor spaces, must provide proof to CUNY that they (i) are fully vaccinated or (ii) have had a negative COVID-19 molecular (PCR) test performed by an accredited lab no more than 7 days prior to the visit. “Fully vaccinated” means:
- Two weeks after a second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
- At the time specified in either the FDA licensure or World Health Organization approval, after the final administration of any other vaccines.
Visitors are also required to comply with all other University policies and codes of conduct, as well as government and/or campus-specific rules and protocols, applicable to individuals on campus that are intended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including by way of example:
any masking and social distancing requirements; and
complying with any applicable federal, state, or local quarantine rules.