Skip to Main Content

What should I do if I notice any discrepancies in my student record?

Discrepancies in my student record

If there are any discrepancies with the student's file, the student may ask the college to amend their record. Students should submit to the Registrar, Dean, Head of the Academic Department, or other appropriate officials, written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. If the records are not maintained by the college official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.

All requests shall be granted or denied in writing within 45 days of receipt. If the request is granted, you will be notified of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the request is denied or not responded to within 45 days, you may appeal to the college's FERPA appeals officer. Additional information regarding the appeals procedures will be provided to you if a request is denied.