- York College/Community Commemorative Quilt Committee 11th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Art and Quilt Exhibit
- The York College Community Commemorative Quilt Committee (YCCCQC) will hold its 11th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) & Black History Month Art, Memorabilia, Poetry, Quilt Exhibition and Celebration.
- What homepage featured Alumni student featured
- When Jan 10, 2010 06:30 PM to Feb 07, 2010 08:30 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where York College Performing Arts Center
- Contact Name Nate Moore
- Contact Phone 718-262-2354
- Add event to calendar iCal
York College/Community Commemorative Quilt Committee
11th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Art and Quilt Exhibit
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Emceed by John Watusi Branch, executive director of The Afrikan Poetry Theatre, Inc., the opening of the art exhibit and reception will commence at 1:30 p.m. followed by the MLK Celebration at 3:00 p.m. General admission is $5.00 for adults. Free on-campus parking will be available.
Internationally-renowned artist Charles Lilly is the event’s art curator. The quilt curators are Marian Webber and Diane Pryor-Holland who have been quilting, teaching and exhibiting for over 20 years. Lilly is best known for his Budweiser series, “Great Kings of Africa” as well as the cover of Alex Haley’s The Autobiography of Malcolm X. Over 400 works of art will be on display. They will include quilts, paintings, sculpture, photography and mixed media. Many of them will be for sale.
It will be held from: January 10, 2010 to February 7, 2010 at York College Performing Arts Center Art Exhibition
The schedule would be: Monday – Friday: 12:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturdays: 11:00 a.m. – 5: 00 p.m. Sundays: Closed