- Urvashi, A Love Story
- The Natraj Center for the Performing Arts, a not-for-profit organization, traces its origins to the renowned Natraj Cultural Group, which was founded in 1989 by a group of mothers led by Barbara Lemoine whose initial objective was to support a group of young dancers to perform innovative and creative dances.
- What Performance Performing Arts
- When Jan 26, 2013 11:00 PM to Jan 27, 2013 01:00 AM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where Performing Arts Center
- Contact Phone 718-468-1604
- Attendees Adults: $25, Children: $15
- Add event to calendar iCal
Today, Natraj proudly continues to provide a forum where our youth can hone their talents and nurture their creativity both collectively and as individuals. These young artistes share their knowledge of their rich Indian culture and heritage with the youths of the community through classes and workshops in dance, drama and music. Natraj currently conducts regular dance classes in Queens Village, NY.
Throughout the years, Natraj has assisted, and continues to assist, many cultural and religious organizations in their efforts to promote cultural awareness and respect through professional performances at various social functions, fundraisers and cultural events. Garnering international recognition, Natraj conducts annual dance workshops in Jamaica, W.I. and has performed in Canada, Guyana, Trinidad and Jamaica.
All Natraj teachers and senior performers have been classically trained by respected professionals in the Indian Classical Dance tradition, and their areas of expertise include Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathak, Odissi, and folk dances, as well as the more popular Bollywood film and pop genres.
- Julia Devi Subrian as Urvashi
- Neil Singh as Prince Pururava
- Natraj Dancers