- POSTPONDED: Princess Yaa
- Presented by The Gloria Eve Performing Arts Foundation
- What PAC PAC Series Event Feature Performing Arts Center Performance Performing Arts Performing Arts Center Performing and Fine Arts Current Students Current Sudents CurrentEvents Faculty Staff Women History Month
- When May 09, 2020 from 07:00 PM to 10:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where 94-45 Guy R Brewer Blvd Jamaica NY 11451 Main Stage Theatre
- Contact Name PAC Box Office
- Contact Phone 718-262-2840
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Princess Yaa is an original Dance Theatre Production created and directed by Mesha Millington. The story follows a girl that has embarked upon womanhood. Her parents, the King and Queen have allowed her to select a suitor to marry. After turning down many, she finally falls in love with a Prince from a far away land. Her journey to his home takes her on an emotional ride where she learns so much about herself, her now husband and the spiritual realm. The story is told through several dance styles that include Contemporary, Modern, African and Hip-hop.
The Gloria Eve Performing Arts Foundation/Dance Theatre Company was founded in 2001 by Mesha Millington. This nonprofit organization serves its mission through its Arts in Education Program, Dance Theatre Company, Scholarship Fund and Get Fit Get Cultured Fitness Series and “The Eve” a open session hip-hop event. The mission of the foundation is, “ To promote the performing arts via providing the community with access to the arts; that nurtures the community with the true culture of the performing arts; Instilling the values of discipline, self-esteem and scholarship in association with community service.” Under the Artistic Direction of Mesha Millington, dancers have performed at Aaron Davis Hall, Lincoln Center, Las Vegas NV, Boston MA, Orlando and Tampa, FL. Dancers are national dance competition titleholders and are paving their way in the entertainment industry.
Gloria Eve’s repertoire includes traditional themes from Africa, commercial themes such as Disney musicals and All American musical theatre themes from Broadway. The Dance Theatre Company performs many dance disciplines such as Ballet, Modern, Tap, Hip-Hop and West African.