- POSTPONED: Motown
- Spring Series 2020
- What PAC Feature Performing Arts Center PAC Series Event Performance Performing Arts Performing Arts Center Performing and Fine Arts Current Students Current Sudents CurrentEvents Faculty Staff Alumni
- When Apr 29, 2020 from 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where 94-45 Guy R Brewer Blvd Jamaica NY 11451 Main Stage Theatre
- Contact Name PAC Box Office
- Contact Phone 718-262-2840
- Add event to calendar iCal
The sound that changed America
As in irresistible force of social and cultural change Barry Gordy’s legendary Motown made its mark not just on the music industry, but society at large with a sound that has become one of the most significant musical accomplishments and stunning success stories of the 20th century. Motown became the heartbeat of America with performing artists like The Supreme’s, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Eddie Kendricks, Mary wells, Stevie Wonder, the “King of Pop”, Michael Jackson and Don Cornelius and The Soul Train Gang. The Motown Sound communicated and bought together a racially divided country and segregated society around the world touching all people of all ages and races.
No other record company in history has exerted such an enormous influence on both the style and substance of popular music and culture.
This is its story!