- CUNY Dance Initiative: Open Rehearsal and Workshop
- Matthew Westerby Company is motivated to create projects that foster community, building works that are accessible to all as participants and audience.
- What Feature Performing Arts Center PAC Series Event Performing Arts Center student featured employee featured
- When Nov 16, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where Main Stage Theatre of the York College Performing Arts Center
- Contact Name PAC Box Office
- Contact Phone 718-262-2840
- Add event to calendar iCal
The CUNY Dance Initiative (CDI) is an unprecedented model for collaboration between the City University of New York (CUNY) — the nation’s largest public urban university system — and the NYC dance field. A residency program that opens the doors of CUNY campuses to professional choreographers and dance companies, CDI supports local artists, enhances the cultural life and education of college students, and builds new dance audiences at CUNY performing arts centers. Since its official launch in 2014, CDI has subsidized and facilitated a total of 82 residencies — from emerging choreographers to established dance companies — at 13 CUNY colleges in all five boroughs.
The CUNY Dance Initiative receives major support from The Mertz Gilmore Foundation, the Howard Gilman Foundation, and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. Additional support is provided by the Jerome Robbins Foundation and the Harkness Foundation for Dance. CDI is spearheaded and administered by The Kupferberg Center for the Arts at Queens College.
This event is free! You can make a reservation for your club/class/group by emailing email@example.com or calling extension718-262-2281.