- Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra
- The Chico O'Farrill Afro Cuban Jazz Orchestra remained a direct link to Afro Cuban Jazz's greatest composer. Every member of this world-class ensemble sat under the beloved Maestro. When Chico O'Farrill passed away in June of 2001 the baton was passed to his son, Arturo.
- What Performing Arts Center Feature Performing Arts Center employee employee featured PAC Series Event student 50th Anniversary homepage featured student featured
- When Oct 15, 2016 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where Milton G. Bassin Performing Arts Center
- Contact Name PAC Box Office
- Contact Phone 718-262-2840
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
ARTURO O’FARRILL, pianist, composer, educator, and founder and Artistic Director of the nonprofit Afro Latin Jazz Alliance, was born in Mexico and grew up in New York City. His debut album with the Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra, Una Noche Inolvidable, earned a first GRAMMY Award nomination in 2006. His next album Song for Chico, earned a GRAMMY Award for Best Latin Jazz Album in 2009. The 2015 release of The Offense of the Drum was yet another Grammy Award winner.
Arturo was, in addition, the winner of the Latin Jazz USA Outstanding Achievement Award, and a Cubadisco Award for The Offense of the Drum in 2015. His newest album release (August 21, 2015) is Cuba:The Conversation Continues on the Motéma label. This album’s Afro Latin Jazz Suite was awarded the 2016 GRAMMY award for Best Instrumental Composition.