Support CUNY Restorations and Enhancements of $17.4 million and $15.1 million in capital needs to City Budget
We need your help to advocate support for educational programs and campus facilities needs that are inextricably linked to student success and the campus learning environment.
Specifically, we ask you to contact City Council members to urge their support for:
The Academic Achievement Award and CUNY/Single Stop program that would help students with college expenses
- CUNY Prep GED and college preparatory program for out-of-school youth
- Citizenship NOW program that provides vital immigration services
- The Creative Arts Team that provide learning experiences for at-risk students
- Dominican Studies Institute, Center for Puerto Rican Studies, and Joseph Murphy Institute that promote culture, research and worker education
- Community College capital investments for our aging facilities
After reviewing details of our Fiscal 2015 budget priorities, please visit www.supportcuny.org today or choose one of the letters below and e-mail your council members. Draft letters are provided, and we encourage you to personalize it to reflect your individual circumstance, opinion or area of interest. Please ask relatives, friends, alumni, and others to express their views.
The budget review process is underway now. We very much need your help now.
Thank you for your continued support.
Jay Hershenson, Senior Vice Chancellor for University Relations and Secretary of the Board