Dear Faculty, Staff, Students, Patrons and Friends of the Milton G. Bassin Performing Arts Center at York College:
As you know, CUNY and York College have taken several significant steps over the past few days and weeks in response to the current COVID-19 outbreak. While the college and university remain highly committed to continue providing their community with education and other services, we must respond to the immediate need to safeguard the health and safety of our community in the face of the current environment.
To that end, and in response to New York State and City restrictions on large gatherings, the Performing Arts Center will be postponing the following performances and events:
- March 14, Princess Yaa POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- March 21, ASASE YAA POSTPONED(Date TBD)
- March 28, Welcome to America POSTPONED(Date TBD)
- March 31, Chrysanthemum Children’s Show POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 4, Laffoholics POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 11-12, Frida Libre POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 16-19, Paradise Plum POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 18, Bangladesh Institute of the Performing Arts POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 25, Love Lies & Mercy POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 29, Motown POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- March 27, 28 Smart People POSTPONED (Date TBD)
- April 2 Smart People POSTPONED (Date TBD)
We will be reopening as soon as permitted and advisable, following the guidance of New York State, and will follow up with updates as appropriate. Ticket holders for these events will receive a full refund by Friday, March 20, 2020. Anyone who has not received their refund by that date should forward their ticket confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ticket holders for events after April should watch for further updates.
Although we regret having to take this step, we are hopeful that this closure will help New York City move more quickly to the end of this outbreak, and we look forward to resuming our productions in the very near future. Thank you for your understanding.