Writing Center Tutoring
Dear York College Student,
Welcome back, and if you are new to York, welcome. Now that classes are underway for the new semester, The Writing Center wishes to notify you that tutoring will begin on Monday, February 11.
In the meantime, you may stop by the Center in the Academic Core building, Room 1C18, to set up weekly appointments. Weekly appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis, so come [and] see us soon. We are currently open Monday-Friday 10 am to 5 pm. Schedule a session with one of our friendly tutors and get help with:
- Interpreting your writing and Writing-Intensive assignments and understanding your instructor’s comments.
- Coming up with ideas, and organizing them effectively.
- Effective ways to use grammar and punctuation.
- Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Finding and using writing resources (e.g. grammar handbooks and library resources).
When tutoring begins on February 11, our hours will be as follows:
- Monday-Thursday 10 am to 8 pm
- Friday and Saturday 10 am to 3 pm
All writers consult other writers, so there’s no need to put off consulting one of our tutors for feedback on your writing. Tutors do not proofread, but they will help you learn how you can do it yourself.
The York College Writing Center