Message from the President
Dear York Student,
On March 30, 2020, in response to the instructional changes that took place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The CUNY Board of Trustees approved the implementation of a Credit/No Credit Policy (CR/NC) for the Winter 2020 and Spring 2020 terms.
With the implementation of the CR/NC Policy, you now have the option of changing any and/or all of your Winter 2020 and Spring 2020 course grades from a letter grade to CR/NC. Furthermore, unlike the Campus Pass/Fail Option, the CR/NC Policy will allow you the ability to make the choice after you learn your course grades, thereby allowing you to choose the grading option that best suits your situation—either a letter grade or a CR/NC.
In addition to the policy change, the Board approved and implemented several modifications to the academic calendar for the Winter 2020 and Spring 2020 terms. The changes are:
- All courses (undergraduate and graduate) will be eligible for the CR/NC option.
- Passing grades (A through D) will be converted to CR: if you opt-in.
- F grades will be converted to NC: if you opt-in.
- Faculty members will submit students’ letter grades by May 28, 2020 (as per CUNY policy).
- Students will have a 20-day period (until June 25, 2020) to review their grades and decide either to retain the assigned letter grade or opt-in to change to the equivalent CR/NC option. Students make the change in CUNYfirst. Once chosen, this option is irreversible.
- The deadline for students to select and submit the CR/NC grading option on CUNYfirst is June 25, 2020.
Should students want to change their earned grades to the corresponding CR/NC grade, they should consult the following resources and take action on CUNYfirst:
- CUNY Board of Trustees Resolution
- Chancellor’s announcement
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Consult with their academic advisor
- Opt-in for CR/NC grade using your CUNYfirst account
Spring 2020 Academic Calendar Changes:
- The deadline to withdraw from a class is May 14, 2020
- The deadline to apply for Campus Pass/Fail Option is May 14, 2020
- Reading day, May 15, 2020, was converted to the last day of classes
- The last day of classes for Spring 2020 is May 15, 2020
- Final examinations will begin on May 16, 2020 and end on May 22, 2020
- The deadline to resolve Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 INC grades is August 30, 2020
Since these policies will impact each individual student differently, please consult with your academic and financial aid advisors before opting-in for the CR/NC option.
Berenecea Johnson Eanes