Invitation to Present CETL Session Spring 2014
|To:||All York Faculty and Staff|
|Date:||December 3, 2013|
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) invites proposals from York faculty and staff members to present a workshop, presentation, or panel that promotes professional development in teaching and learning.
CETL sessions can be designed to:
- share best practices, teaching and learning tools, or curricular innovations;
- communicate ideas about how to deal with teaching and learning challenges;
- showcase the effectiveness of particular pedagogies and/or technologies; and/or
- discuss the implications of a body of scholarship on teaching and learning.
If you are interested in designing a CETL session, please consider the following:
- Sessions should discuss best practices or evidence-based approaches (rather than anecdotal discussion of teaching and learning issues).
- Sessions should include an activity component in which participants engage in applying the ideas or practices presented.
- Sessions should include the distribution of one or two documents of teaching and learning scholarship related to the topic (i.e., journal article, book excerpt, website material, rubric etc.).
If you are interested in presenting a CETL sessionduring the spring 2014 semester, please complete the CETL Presentation Proposal Application and forward it to Debra Swoboda, CETL Director, Behavioral Sciences, AC 4D06 or email:email@example.com by December 23, 2013.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or ideas. Thanks in advance for considering the presentation of a CETL event.
Debra Swoboda, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Department of Behavioral Sciences
School of Health and Behavioral Sciences
Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning