Haven Launch Email Letter to Students - Fall 2015
York College has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention, sexual assault prevention, and financial literacy in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 700,000 students complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for students, York expects you to complete the Haven Understanding Sexual Assault Tutorial. This online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
York requires that you complete Haven! Non-compliance can be considered a policy violation which can lead to a negative indicator on your CUNYFirst record. A list of students who do not complete the course will be provided to Interim Assistant Dean Paola Veras for follow-up.
Haven will be available starting Today!
Please Read the Following Carefully:
You are expected to complete Haven. You will need one EverFi Higher Education Account to access the course from your dashboard.
To Fulfill York’s Requirement:
- Go to http://www.everfi.com/login
- Enter the Registration Code 20965e55 and click “I’m a Student” to create your EverFi Account
- Note: When prompted, please enter your 8-digit CUNYFirst EMPLD ID to receive credit for completion
- Complete Part 1 of Haven by November 16th 2015
- After 21 days, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of Haven which must be completed by December 22nd 2015
*If you already have an EverFi Higher Education Account, go to http://www.everfi.com/login, enter your login information, and then enter registration code 20965e55 by clicking “Add a Course” in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., FireFox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
Dr. Vincent Banrey
Interim Dean for Student Development