- Entry to campus will require a “Green Token” from the YC Vax Pass Portal. A Green Token is issued to individuals who have submitted proof of full vaccination status; who received a negative test, if you have an exemption (or are not yet subject to the vaccination requirement); or who have complied with selection for a random test, and tested negative. Public Safety will not accept the Excelsior Pass, a paper vaccine card, or a token with a date other than the current. You must also present your York ID card.
- Random testing is currently underway for ALL community members regardless of vaccine or booster status. Failure to comply will result in a “Red Token” and you will be denied entry to the campus. You must test at the CUNY trailer site in the timeframe noted in the email received. You cannot test at the State site on campus. If you have received a positive test in the past 90 days, you should contact HR at JStayton@york.cuny.edu or Student Health Services at StudHealthSvcCtr@york.cuny.edu so you can be removed from the pool for 90 days.
- Vaccines are required for all students attending in-person or hybrid classes for spring 2023. Students are required to have uploaded their proof of being fully vaccinated prior to the first day of classes. Students with medical or religious exemptions will test weekly for access to campus.
- Boosters are recommended for students as they become eligible. Students will not be dropped at this time for a lack of booster shot, pending issuance of further guidance by CUNY.
- All individuals should follow the CDC domestic travel recommendations and international travel recommendations before reporting to work or campus and notify their manager in advance of the travel dates and should quarantine be required. Any students, faculty, or staff engaging in official travel on behalf of CUNY must follow the latest approval requirements for domestic and international travel.
- Quarantine / Isolation policies are now in line with the CDC. Isolation is the same for everyone until day 5, where it is assessed for the next steps. A negative Antigen/Rapid test is needed to return to campus.
- We recognize that this may be a very stressful time. Information about coping with stress can be found at NYC Health and on CUNY’s website. The HR Intranet has additional information and resources, as does the Student CARES page.
- Be a good York citizen and monitor yourself for symptoms. If you are concerned about feeling ill and coming to campus, please contact your supervisor, or faculty member to make other arrangements if applicable. Please do not come to campus if you have active symptoms of COVID-19, have a known exposure and are unsure of the policy, or are awaiting a PCR test and are ill.
For the Spring 2023 semester, the majority of CUNY courses will be in-person. Students taking in-person or hybrid courses must be fully vaccinated when classes begin. Further, all students taking in-person or hybrid classes must upload proof of that status to CUNYfirst by ten (10) days before classes begin. Additional guidelines and deadlines are below:
- If your vaccination documents are already approved in CUNYfirst, you do not need to re-submit them, but they must include proof of being up-to-date.
- All students (except those with approved exemptions or exceptions) must be fully vaccinated in order to enter any CUNY facility. Students with exemptions will be required to comply with testing requirements.
- Students will be required to upload proof of being fully vaccinated prior to the first day of classes.
- Student Vaccination Mandate FAQ.
On-Site COVID-19 Testing
There is a COVID testing center located in the main parking lot, parallel to the Performing Arts Center.
*Please note that winter hours will begin Monday, December 19th, and run through January 20th, 2023.
Are You an Active Student or a Member of Faculty or Staff in Need of a Device for Distance Learning?
Request a Loaner Now Equipment Return
Learn more about Distance Learning
- HR Resources
- Faculty & Staff Vaccination Mandate FAQ
- Vaccination Verification User Guide for CUNY Employees
- COVID-19 Testing Program for Faculty and Staff: FAQ
- Getting Back to Working in Person: FAQ
- CUNY Guidelines for Central Office Reopening
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tools and Rules for Teleworking: A Guide for Employees
- Medical and Religious Exemptions – Appendix A
York College affirms our longstanding institutional values, including our commitment to diversity and inclusion. In adherence with the CUNY Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy, York does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. It is essential that we remain supportive, respectful, and inclusive to all members of our campus community at all times.
There has been an increase in acts of bullying and violence directed towards certain ethnicities and cultures, both in the public and at other institutions. Such acts can be perpetuated in person or online. We remind you to be aware of assumptions and prejudice, and to act in a respectful manner to individuals within our diverse campus community, regardless of the medium of interaction. Community standards that promote a culture of respect are just as applicable in the online learning environment as they are in our buildings and community.
As we move to distance, remote, and online learning alternatives, York and CUNY conduct policies remain in effect. Acts of discrimination, harassment or exclusion run counter to our institutional values and are contrary to CUNY Policy. If you witness or experience an incident of discrimination or harassment, you are encouraged to contact the Office of Diversity and Compliance at (718) 262-5304, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, if you are on campus and in immediate danger, please contact Public Safety at x2222.
We currently have custodians restocking hand sanitizers, soaps, and other cleaning supplies and ensuring spaces are clean. Signage has been posted around campus regarding proper hygiene (washing hands and covering coughs, etc.) and about the virus. Should you experience a bathroom facility, or sanitizer stand that is not properly stocked, please send an email to email@example.com. We will dispatch someone to address the issue.
We understand that members of the college community may be anxious during this time. For free, confidential counseling services, please contact the York College Counseling Center at 718-262-2272. For faculty and staff, CUNY Work/Life Program is available to help.
For Coronavirus Information, visit the NYC COVID-19 Portal.
If you do travel, please consult CUNY Travel Guidance for the most up-to-date requirements and recommendations.
Results: 40 Items
December 13, 2022
Reminder: COVID Entry Policies
As a reminder, Entry to campus will require a Blue Pass from Cleared4 or a Green Pass fromYork College Vax Pass.
August 11, 2022
As we prepare to welcome students back to our campuses over the next few weeks, a reminder that as of this Monday, August 15, staff members are required to work 70% of the time in person as it was in Spring 2022.
March 1, 2022
In response torevised guidance issued by the CDC last week, we are lifting the temporary mask mandate that has been in place since August 2021 and required all CUNY students, faculty, staff and visitors to wear masks inside University campuses, office buildings, classrooms and other non-enclosed spaces.
February 15, 2022
New Deadline for Non-Teaching Instructional Staff, ECPs to Upload Proof of Vaccination
Message from Chancellor Félix V. Matos Rodríguez, Ph.D. about the New Deadline for Non-Teaching Instructional Staff, ECPs to Upload Proof of Vaccination
1 - 4 of 40 Results
If you have specific concerns about yourself or another member of the community, please contact Ms. Trimboli, the campus coronavirus liaison firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudio Lindow, campus coronavirus coordinator email@example.com or Maliyka A. Muhammad, COVID Liaison Support Maliyka Muhammad firstname.lastname@example.org.