Campus Access Protocol
In compliance with current State of New York directives regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, until further notice, no one is permitted to be in any College building, unless specifically authorized as “essential personnel” by written notice. It is expected that all faculty and staff have now obtained the necessary materials to conduct their professional responsibilities remotely, however, in the rare event that a member of the faculty or staff must access their office to retrieve unanticipated, needed materials, the following requirements must be followed:
- Faculty & Staff MUST seek approval from Department head via YConnect Building Access Request to gain access onto campus prior to their visit. All requests must be submitted and approved at least 24 hours prior to planned arrival to the campus
- A reason for their visit must be provided with each request.
- Department Heads MUST approve or deny staff requests for access via YConnect Building Access Request at least 24 hours prior to the requestor’s planned visit. No one may access campus buildings without having received approval from Chief Massiah.
- All campus visits must take place between 8 A.M. & 4 P.M.
- With the exception of essential personnel, no visitors should remain on campus for more than 30 minutes. Requests may indicate there is a specific need for longer visits, however, such requests will be denied absent good cause shown.
- All visitors must sign in upon entry (and indicate location(s) being visited) and sign out upon departure from the campus.
- As a precautionary measure, all individuals visiting campus must sanitize their hands and cover their shoes at the point of entry. Hand sanitize and shoe covers are provided.
- Liberty Avenue is the designated and ONLY point of entry to, and exit from, the Academic Core building.
- Public Safety reserves the right to deny ANY request for access to the campus during this college closure.
- All visitors must present a York college ID or a government issued picture ID upon entering the campus.