Advisory: New York City Demand Response Notice
York College will initiate its Energy Reduction Plan starting at 12:30 pm and ending at 2:15pm. Our DEMAND RESPONSE will consist of a shutdown of some Fan Units in Plant Operations and will also have the following impact on Escalators and Elevators:
- Shut down all Escalators.
- Shut down of the following Elevators in the Academic Core:
- #5 – Lower Level to Food Service 2nd floor inside Faculty Dining Area.
- #4 – LL to 1st floor Café “LD” Corridor in Lower Level.
- #9 – 1st floor to 3rd floor within the Library.
- #3 – 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors “E” corridor. [NOTE: A notice will be posted on each floor served by this elevator, directing users to the elevator in the “F” corridor to get to 4th floor, or the elevator in the “B” corridor to get to 3rd floor].
Public Safety Officers will be stationed on each floor of the Academic Core Building to assist persons with disabilities to move between floors via the freight elevator. Normal operations will resume after the Demand Response expires. Should you have any questions, please contact Public Safety at 718-262-2222, or Building & Grounds at 718-262-2200.
James Minto, Executive Director for Facilities Planning & Operations