- Math/CS Club Talk: The Feller Property for Graphs
- Math/CS Club talk on the Feller Property of Graphs
- What Math and Computer Science student featured plasmas
- When Oct 07, 2014 from 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where Math/CS Deparment Conference Room: AC/2C07
- Contact Name Dr. Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-626-2551
- Attendees Talks are open to all (you do NOT have to be a math or CS major to attend).
- Add event to calendar iCal
Join us for a talk by Dr. Radoslaw Wojciechowski, Department of Mathematics & Computer Science, York College of the City University of New York.
Abstract: The Feller property concerns the tendency of heat (or a random walker) to vanish at infinity. This can either happen because the heat doesn't get too far at any given time or because it does and is dispersed at infinity. We will give some conditions under which this happens for infinite, weighted graphs.
This talk is self-contained (no prior knowledge of the topic is needed.)
Snacks Will Be Provided