GenCyber Teacher Training
The GenCyber Teacher Camp, hosted at York College, offers middle-school and high-school STEM teachers a professional development program that incorporates cybersecurity concepts, classroom, and extracurriculars. The camp is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Security Agency (NSA).
Our GenCyber Camp provides the opportunity for teachers to learn about cybersecurity concepts, technology, and the First Principles. Fun educational games and activities are embedded in our curriculum that uses learner-centered, problem-based, and peer-assisted learning approaches to engage and empower our camp participants.
Topics: Fundamental cybersecurity concepts, cyber hygiene, cybercrimes, basics of cryptography, social engineering, web and mobile security, cyber technology, ethics and more
Learn how to develop lesson plans and education games on cybersecurity topics!
Each participant will receive a $750 stipend and several giveaways!
Pre-camp Outreach activities
- Virtual orientation and information session: May 12, 2022 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Virtual Lesson Plan Workshop: May 19, 2022, and May 26, 2022, at 4:00 - 5:30 pm
- Educational Field Trip: Sunday in May or June, Date TBD
Summer Camp sessions
- Middle school teacher session: July 11 to July 15, 2022
- High school teacher session: July 18 to July 22, 2022
Post-camp Outreach activities
- Virtual Post-camp Collaborative Workshop: Fall 2022, Date TBD
- Teacher Learning Community: Fall 2022, Date TBD
- GenCyber Cybersecurity Awareness Challenge: Fall 2022, Date TBD
Location: The summer camp session will take place on campus, York College. Other outreach activities will be administered online.
How To Apply?
Registration for the 2022 Summer Camp will be open on October 18, 2021.
Application Deadline for 2022 Summer Camp: March 1, 2022, by 6 pm EST.
All applicants will be notified if they have been selected or placed on a waiting list by March 15, 2022.
Selected applicants to confirm participation by March 31, 2022.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Thitima Srivatanakul, Principal Investigator and Lead Instructor
- Dr. Fenio Annansingh-Jamieson, co-Principal Investigator and Program Director
- Dr. Xin Bai, co-Principal Investigator, Instructional Design Expert, and Lead Learning Specialist
- Dr. Derrick Brazill, co-Principal Investigator
The program is supported by the National Science Foundation, the National Security Agency and GenCyber.
The GenCyber program is supported by the National Security Agency and the National Science Foundation. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation, the National Security Agency, or the U.S. government.