- 10th Annual Women in Math and Computing Day
- Join us for the 10th annual Women in Math and Computing Day featuring two academic talks (one in math and one in CS), a student presentation and lunch.
- What employee student Mathematics and Computer Science
- When Mar 28, 2019 from 12:30 PM to 04:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where AC-2M04
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-262-2535
- Add event to calendar iCal
Join us for the 10th annual Women in Math and Computing Day. This event features two academic talks. The first talk will be given by York's Dr. Srivatanakul and is titled "Defending Against Web Application Attacks." The second is given by Dr. Kelleher of Princeton University and is titled "A Glance at Harmonic Map Theory." The talks will be followed by a reception which features a talk by two York students, Syeda Hussein and Valeria Ruiz about their recent attendance at a mathematics conference. Their travels to the conference and this event are made possible by a generous grant from the Simons foundation obtained by Dr. Wojciechowski. Please come to as much or as little of the event as you are able. Bring friends and get ready for an amazing event. The entire event planning committee (Dr. Gonzalez, Dr. Nath, Dr Thompson and Dr Wojciechowski) looks forward to your participation. Please do reach out if you have any questions.
- Introductions start at 12:30.
- Defending against web application attacks - 1:00pm-1:45pm with Thitima Srivatanakul.
- A glance at harmonic map theory- 2:00pm-2:45pm with Casey Lynn Kelleher.
- Refreshments and Student Talk (by Syeda Hussein and Valeria Ruiz) at 3:00pm in the Conference Room in 2C07.
All are welcomed. You do not have to be a math or cs major to attend. Please come to as much or as little as you would like and bring your friends.