Setting Up Your Default Printer In Windows 10
Setting the default printer in Windows 10: (instead of letting windows manage it).
- In the search bar next to start button type “control panel” and left click on it to select when it displays in results.
- Now left click on “View Devices and Printers” or simply “Devices and Printers”.
- Locate your preferred local USB printer or Department printer in the list and right click on it.
- 4. From the options presented, left click on “Set as default printer”.
- A pop-up window will open and say “Setting this printer as the default means Windows will stop managing your default printer.” Left click on the “OK” button. Done.
If you have any problems or questions regarding these instructions contact the Service Desk at Ext. 5311 or use the Need Migration Help hotlink to submit issues with your Windows 10 migration.