The following information was communicated to all Presidents and Deans regarding information on a system update, two CUNYfirst launches, and associated CUNYfirst unavailability planned in April:
- A long-overdue and required upgrade to the PeopleTools system to stay current with our software maintenance and release plans
- Go-live of PeopleSoft Financial Aid Module for Baruch College, City College, NYC College of Technology and School of Professional Studies
- Go-live of Campus Solutions for the School of Medicine and the Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
CIS has worked with the University’s Registrar, Controller, Enrollment, Financial Aid and Human Resources offices to schedule the upgrade and launches, and corresponding CUNYfirst unavailability, for dates that are least disruptive to academic calendars and business processes. We recognize that any CUNYfirst unavailability is inconvenient and coordinating dependencies, conflicts and scheduling across the University and vendors is always challenging for planned system upgrades and launches like these. The Registrar’s office has identified two colleges that are working to adjust their calendars to accommodate the PeopleTools system upgrade — we deeply appreciate their understanding and help in meeting the University’s CUNYfirst objectives.
Below are the days and hours we expect CUNYfirst to be unavailable to staff, faculty and students in order to backup, convert and upload data and upload new configurations into the system. We will soon start executing the communication plan to announce and remind them of these dates.
PeopleTools Upgrade starting April 1, 2016
CUNYfirst will be unavailable from 5 pm on Friday, April 1 until 8 am on Tuesday, April 5to perform a system upgrade to PeopleTools 8.54. Note that this upgrade does not introduce new or change any existing CUNYfirst features or capabilities but is required for the Financial Aid and Campus Solutions launches that follow.
Financial Aid WAVE 4b and Campus Solutions Launches starting April 15, 2016
CUNYfirst will be unavailable from 5 pm on Friday, April 15 until 6 pm on Sunday, April 17 to launch:
- Financial Aid WAVE 4b for Baruch College, City College, NYC College of Technology and School of Professional Studies, subject to a go live decision from Executive Vice Chancellor Allan Dobrin and the Presidents of these colleges
- Campus Solutions for the School of Medicine and Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy, subject to a go live decision from Executive Vice Chancellor Allan Dobrin and Deans Maurizio Trevisan (School of Medicine) and Ayman El-Mohandes (Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy)
The following table summarizes planned CUNYfirst unavailability in April:
CUNYfirst April Unavailability
|9 pm on Thursday, March 31||1 am on Friday, April 1||March month-end fiscal closing|
|5 pm on Friday, April 1||8 am on Tuesday, April 5||PeopleTools system upgrade|
|5 pm on Friday, April 15||6 pm on Sunday, April 17||Financial Aid Wave 4 / Campus Solutions launches|
|7 pm on Saturday, April 23||7 pm on Sunday, April 24||April monthly maintenance **|
|9 pm on Friday, April 29||1 am on Saturday, April 30||April month-end fiscal closing **|
** takes place during Spring break
We want to thank everyone across CUNY that helped in developing the plans for the PeopleTools system update and CUNYfirst launches as well as those that will soon take part in their implementation.
Jonathan Frost CIS IT Communications