Smart Classrooms are equipped with the state-of-art computer, interactive panel, large screen or interactive whiteboard (also called smartboard), and audiovisual equipment. It provides the tools for faculty to incorporate a wide range of media in instruction, save the annotation of the course content presentation, and to enrich student learning experience.
- Dell PC Computer.
- Lectern (If lectern is lock your local office should have key if not contact Media Center)
- Interactive display panel and pen. (Not all rooms)
- Projection screen (for larger rooms) or interactive whiteboard (for smaller rooms).
- CD and DVD player.
- Document camera (a few rooms have it, contact Media Center if needed)
- Interface to hook up a laptop that faculty brings.
- USB ports.
- Ceiling Speakers.
- LCD ceiling mounted projector. (Rear projection in some Lecture Halls)
- Instructions in every room on how to properly power up and power down equipment
- Hot Line support number at Ext. 5303 and web hotlink at https://www.york.cuny.edu/it/SmartRooms_Kiosk-form
Smart classrooms have an interactive display panel on a podium. Some smaller smart classrooms are equipped with a smartboard while larger rooms have a large projection screen.
All smart classrooms are locked when there is no class in the room. If you are assigned to teach in a smart classroom, you can get the key or assigned access from the campus Public Safety Office at AC 1M02. Bring your York ID card to AC 1M02. You will obtain a form for the access to the smart classroom. After filling in the form and having it approved by signature of your department chair person and submitting it to the Public Safety Office, you will be given access. If access is via a key you must return the key to the Public Safety Office at the end of the semester.
All smart classrooms have detailed instructions on how to properly power on and power off the equipment. In order to maintain the proper functioning of the smart room technology it is critical that these instructions be followed. In the event of difficulties IT has established a Hotline. Call 718-262-5303 for support with the smart room technology. Calls to this number will be given priority over other incoming calls to our Service Desk in an effort to provide the quickest possible response. You can also request support via a web hotlink at https://www.york.cuny.edu/it/SmartRooms_Kiosk-form
When contacting IT provide your name and room number, a technician will be dispatched immediately for intial trouble-shooting.
The Educational Technology Center provides workshops for beginners and advanced users, and we require all faculty members who will use a smart classroom to participate in our training workshops.