York Giving Tuesday
Based on the results of the survey and in conjunction with feedback from the Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committees, the following strategic initiatives, derived from the strategic plan, were identified for the 2020-2021 academic year:
1. Implement College-wide strategic enrollment practices that support students from entry to graduation
2. Undertake efforts to ensure York is clean, safe, and beautiful
3. Offer intensive guidance to students in their first eight weeks on campus
4. Engineer advisement systems so that students can better access, stay, and graduate in their desired areas of study
5. Re-engineer support for faculty research
What is #YorkGivingTuesday and when will it take place?
#YorkGivingTuesday is the college’s annual 24-hour giving campaign, which aims to inspire students, faculty/staff, and the college community to support the teaching, research, and community service of York College. On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, lets come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give back.
What causes can I donate to on #YorkGivingTuesday?
You may donate to any scholarship, award, or school department listed on the College’s website. This includes:
- Institutional Advancement (The Fund for York)
- The School of Health Sciences and Professional Programs
- Alumni Association Inc.
Who benefits from my donation?
The students. The Fund for York is an unrestricted fund that leverages support for the College in a variety of ways. Donations to the fund make it possible for the college to address financial emergencies without losing momentum as it strives towards academic excellence. The fund assists in student retention and enhances their learning experience. Last year, through the Fund for York, the college was able to send 10 students and their faculty advisor on a study abroad trip.
Why should I give to #YorkGivingTuesday?
The gifts of many come together to support the one-of-a-kind educational experience. It allows us to allocate funds to the areas that are needed most. These areas include immediate scholarships, study abroad, faculty development, campus-wide technology access, and the upkeep of the campus.
How can I participate?
- Online: https://york.cunytuesday.org/
- In-Person: York College Atrium from 10:00 AM- 7:00 PM
- Mail(Check): York College/The City University of New York
Office of The Institutional Advancement
94-20- Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451
Can I give through payroll deductions?
Yes, only if you are an employee of York College/CUNY.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. Donors may deduct contributions to the York College Foundation as it is recognized as 501(c)3 by the Internal Revenue Service. EIN: 11-2982841