Veterans who will be attending York College are advised to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
It is the basic requirement for federal aid consideration. This can be done online at www.fafsa.gov. New York State residents should also complete a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application for state aid assistance. The application is available at www.hesc.ny.gov.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to guiding every veteran who attends York College in understanding:
- the cost of education/attendance,
- how to meet educational costs,
- the financial aid process and timeline, and
- financial aid and financing options.
All students who self-identify as U.S. veterans are assigned a financial aid counselor or point of contact: Rashid Kenon and Charmain Williams
Below you will have access to information about:
- The financial aid process and timeline
- Your cost of attending York College
- Educational financial aid programs available to you through the U.S. Department of Education, New York State, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and other financing sources and options such as scholarships or tuition payment plan
- Official Cohort Default Rates for Schools
- Names, contact information, for the Office of Financial Aid Veterans' points of contact
- Office of Veterans Affairs
Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers educational benefits to U.S. veterans
Financial Aid and Financing Options
Federal student financial aid programs are administered through the U.S. Department of Education.
New York State Financial Aid Programs
New York State financial aid programs are administered by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), a New York State government entity.
Timeline of the Financial Aid Process
The financial aid application process begins with filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application and veteran's supplement.
Understanding Your Cost of Attendance (COA)
The cost of attendance is the total estimated cost for attending York College as estimated by the City University of New York (CUNY).