All required documentation must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office to be considered for the SEEK Program.
The financial aid office does not make copies. Please make sure you submit copies of all documentation.
Items Required for SEEK Economic Eligibility Verification
- SIGNED COPY of parents' 2020 Federal Tax Return
- SIGNED COPY of your 2020 Federal Tax Return
- Public Assistant Form / Social Security Form for 2020 or current.
- Proof of child support and/or Alimony payments for 2020
- Letter regarding non-taxable income for 2020
- One piece of government ID (Passport, State ID, Social Security Card, etc.)
- If applicable, Independent Status documentation
A couple of things to keep in mind
You will only receive Financial Aid after your application has been completed and verified (ifneeded).
- You'll earn financial aid as you attend your classes, hence withdrawing, skipping, dropping, not attending or failing courses will adversely affect your eligibility.
- Financial Aid money will be applied to your account in the order in which it is received. First, it is applied to cover your balance and any remaining will be mailed to you or deposited into your bank account if you sign up for a direct deposit.
- TAP (Tuition Assistant Program) is regulated and verified by New York State, hence problems regarding TAP are better resolved by using their website: www.hesc.com
IRS Tax Transcript Request
An IRS Tax Return Transcript or "Verification of Non-filing" can be ordered in 1 of 3 ways:
- Log on to www.irs.gov. Click "Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript" on the homepage, under "Tools" and follow the steps to order your tax transcript.
- Call IRS at 1-800-908-9946
- Log on to www.irs.gov. Click on 4506-T under "Forms and Pubs" to download a request form. Mail to the address applicable to your state on the second page.