Finance (BS) Program Assessment
The Bachelor of Science in Finance program will provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed as entry-level finance professionals. These include: (1) the competencies to apply appropriate principles of valuation for major financial assets and securities; (2) the ability to engage in research and evaluate whether investments and corporate financial policies maximize the entity's value; (3) the ability to evaluate the international financial environment and develop appropriate international financial strategies; (4) the ability to identify appropriate financial instruments to implement corporate financial decisions and investment strategy, and (5) the skills to execute financial decisions in compliance with professional regulations and codes of conduct.
- Competence in written and oral communication
- Competence with technology used for data analysis and financial decision-making
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Ethics, including knowledge of financial regulations and professional codes of conduct
- Knowledge of concepts and tools related to the various areas of finance: corporate, investment, international, financial markets and instruments, risk management and derivatives
The Finance (BS) Program is part of the school of Business and Information Systems, Accounting and Finance Department