- Better Together a Virtual Peer Support Group
- A virtual peer support group for students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What Counseling Center Current Students
- When Nov 05, 2020 from 01:00 PM to 01:45 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- All dates Nov 05, 2020 from 01:00 PM to 01:45 PM Nov 12, 2020 from 01:00 PM to 01:45 PM Nov 19, 2020 from 01:00 PM to 01:45 PM
- Where Online
- Contact Name Dr. Ericka Woods
- Add event to calendar iCal
Better Together is a support group that gives students an opportunity to share their experiences in adjusting to the new world in which they find themselves during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of the group is to support students in moving through this stressful process, which may include grief, the collapse of school into one’s personal life, adjustment to remote learning, isolation, family discord, and unemployment.
The co-facilitators of the group, Drs. Woods and Smith will be there to facilitate the discussion as well as to provide any information that may be helpful as each individual is still going through their own unique experience.