Registration for the Winter/Spring 2014
Dec 04, 2013
from 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
|Where||York College Child and Family Center|
|Contact Name||Natalie Walker|
|Add event to calendar||vCal|
Registration for the Winter/Spring 2014 semester at The York College Child and Family Center.
All children will be required to attend a two (2) day child/parent orientation prior to officially beginning at the Center. Therefore, we encourage all interested parents to register their child(ren) during early registration. If you choose to register your child(ren) during late registration, please be advised that you will still be required to complete the two (2) day child/parent orientation process. This means that your child(ren) will be eligible to start at the Center, on his or her own, on the third day (following the orientation).
The York College Child and Family Center provides a comprehensive early care and education program limited to children of York College students. Children may attend the center while their parents or guardians are in classes or engaged in course-related work on campus. The program does not provide baby-sitting or drop-in service. To benefit from the educational program, each child should attend on a consistent basis. Every child attending the program must be registered with a schedule determined at registration.
At registration a staff member will work with each parent to arrange a schedule for her/his child using the parent’s class schedule as a basis and Center policies as guidelines. Bring a copy of your current class schedule indicating days, times, titles and room numbers of your scheduled classes.
Enrollment for children is available in 4, 6 or 8-hour blocks of time. A child must be registered two (2) days a week for a daily minimum of 4 hours and a weekly minimum of 8 hours. Eight hours per day is the maximum time that a child can be scheduled. Arrival times for the session will be 8 A.M., 9 A.M., 10 A.M., or 2 P.M.
Registration will be on a first-come, first served basis and will close when all available spaces are filled.
- Please note that some tuition subsidies for low income families maybe available for the Winter/Spring semester.
- Eligibility is based on income and family size. In addition to income requirements, your child must be enrolled in the Center for at least 6 hours per week.
- You may pick up a tuition subsidy application from the YCCFC office. Please note that completing the application does not guarantee that you will receive the subsidy for the semester. The status of subsidy application for the semester will be available during the second week of the semester.
The enclosed form must be completed by your child’s doctor. Each new child must be examined by a physician within 90 days prior to admission, and every child registered must have an annual re-exam. NYC Department of Health regulations require full immunization, including MMR and HIB shots, and screening for lead and tuberculosis before admission to the Center.
ALL MEDICALS FOR NEW CHILDREN ARE DUE ON THE DAY OF REGISTRATION.
A complete registration package includes all of the following:
- Your child’s original birth certificate (a copy will be made by the Center staff at the time of registration).
- A completed medical form.
- Your child’s immunization record.
- Non-refundable registration fee of $25.00. Payment by money order.
- York College class schedule.
- York College student ID.