- Photojournalism and Social Media Talk
- The York College CUNY Journalism Program's Enrichment Series presents a talk about Photojournalism and Social Media.
- When Feb 26, 2020 from 03:30 PM to 04:45 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where AC-2A04
- Attendees Alan Chin, Todd Maisel, John Smock
- Add event to calendar iCal
The gathering features guest speakers who are both photojournalists and professors.
Alan Chin, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism Professor and Veteran News Photographer.
Chin has worked as a freelance photojournalist reporting for the New York Times and other publications from China, the former Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, the Middle East, Ukraine and elsewhere as well as extensively in the U.S. His images are in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Chin studied at New York University.
Todd Maisel, Breaking News Editor & Photographer at AM New York.
Maisel is a former Daily News photographer, a veteran of New York City photography. At the Daily News, he was a Senior Staff Visual Journalist. He has also taught at CUNY’s New York City College of Technology. He studied Journalism at NYU.
John Smock, CUNY Photojournalism Professor & Veteran News Photographer.
Smock is Director of Photojournalism & Distinguished Lecturer at the Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY. He has worked for the SIPA photo agency and the Associated Press. Smock earned his master’s degree from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.