- Math/CS ClubTalk by Dr. Nath on the Jacobi Triple Product
- Join us for the next math/cs club talk on the Jacobi Triple Product by Dr. Nath.
- When Dec 08, 2020 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where Zoom
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-262-2535
- Attendees Current Students, Faculty and Staff. Let us know of any public officials, VIPs or external guests expected to attend.
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
During our next math/cs club talk Dr. Rishi Nath will discuss the Jacobi Triple Product. All are welcomed to attend. You do not need to be a math or cs major to attend. No prior knowledge of the topic is necessary. A summary of the talk follows: We will discuss the Jacobi Triple Product, a mathematical identity on complex numbers first introduced in 1829. The proof of the Jacobi Triple Product involves Euler's Pentagonal Theorem, itself a special case of the Jacobi Triple Product, and interesting in its own right.