- Math/CS Club Talk: "Slicing Pizza and Watermelons"
- Math/CS Club Talk
- What plasmas Math and Computer Science student
- When Sep 15, 2016 from 06:00 PM to 07:30 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where AC/2C07: Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Conference Room
- Contact Name Dr. Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-859-4030
- Attendees All are welcomed! You do NOT have to be a math or cs major to attend.
- Add event to calendar iCal
Speaker: Dr. Lidia Gonzalez
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, York College
Abstract: We begin by considering how many pieces of pizza we can obtain with a certain number of straight-line slices. We then turn to finding the maximum number of pieces possible for a particular number of slices. After that it’s on to slicing other foods!
This talk is self-cotained (no prior knowledge of the topic is assumed).