- Eighth Annual Research Colloquium
- The Annual Research Colloquium was created to provide a forum for dialogue among researchers, clinicians, educators, and students of Occupational Therapy, in order to further Occupational Therapy in advancing health and function.
- What Student Activities Current Students Occupational Therapy plasmas student featured homepage featured
- When Mar 01, 2017 from 04:30 PM to 07:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where Faculty Dining Room, Rm: AC-2D01
- Contact Name Elizabeth Pizarro
- Add event to calendar iCal
Managing Movement Disorders And Ataxia
Who Should Attend
CUNY Faculty, Occupational Therapists, Clinicians and Health and Human Service providers, Occupational Therapy students and students of health professions, movement science, and rehabilitation. This is a NYSOTA/AOTA approved CEU event.
- 4:45 pm Registration
- 5:00 pm Welcome and Introduction Dr. Lillian Kaplan, Chair Department of Occupational Therapy
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm Guest Speaker Glen Gillen, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA Managing Movement Disorders and Ataxia
- 6:30 -7:00 pm Conclusions and Implications, Questions, and Discussion
Please RSVP By February 13Th, 2017
For CEU units: RSVP for this event through the New York State Occupational Therapy Association (NYSOTA)
For all others: Please RSVP to Ms. Elizabeth Pizarro, COA, Department of Occupational Therapy
- Understand how various movement disorders negatively impact attempts to engage in everyday activities.
- Be able to comprehensively evaluate factors that limit or support daily performance for this population.
- Be able to create intervention plans to maximize daily performance for those living with movement disorders.