- York Prof to Participate at African Studies Association Washington DC Meeting
York College historian Nicholas Githuku is participating in the first live streamed session at the African Studies Association meeting in Washington, DC Saturday.
- History and Philosophy End-of-Year Celebration
Department of History and Philosophy end-of-year celebration
- "The Last Lecture" - a special presentation by York History Professor George White
What would your last words be if you knew you wouldn't be here tomorrow?
- School of Arts and Sciences: Fall 2015 Exposition
Featuring faculty and student collaborations in Research, Scholarship and Creative Work!
- The Ukraine Crisis: Perspectives On The Revolution And State Sovereignty
The Cultural Diversity Center Department Of History & Philosophy
D. Channsin Berry's and Bill Dike's DarkGirls, The story of Color, Gender, and Race
- Remembering Professor Martin Rene Atangana
Author, Teacher, Musician, Gentleman
- The Story of the Stone
Save the date. We will be discussing a book generously given to me in appreciation of small helps by our colleague in Sociology, Professor Xiaodan Zhang. The Story of the Stone (often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber), a Chinese classic from the 1760's by Cao Xueqin.
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- World Mental Health Day
The event will provide a speaker to discuss the topic: "The Rising Incidents of Suicide among College Students: A Public Health Concern in NYC"