- "The Last Lecture" - a special presentation by York History Professor George White
What would your last words be if you knew you wouldn't be here tomorrow?
- "Why Bring IT to My Games?" Donald Sterling and the NBA: What is the Proper Analysis?
Presentsed by the York College African American Resource Center
About a year ago, a small group of faculty and staff from various departments launched a discussion of The Story of the Stone [often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber], a Chinese classic from the 1760s by Cao Xueqin. It has been a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable endeavor.
- Celebrate a new book on French rule in Cameroon by Dr. Martin Atangana
The African American Resource Center and the Department of History and Philosophy invite the community to a reception marking the recent publication of "The End of French Rule in Cameroon." Nov. 10 at 4:30 p.m. in Room 3B04.
D. Channsin Berry's and Bill Dike's DarkGirls, The story of Color, Gender, and Race
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- Gender Dynamics in the 2008 Presidential Election
Professors Margaret Ballantyne, Laura Fishman, Robin Harper and Deborah Majerovitz will discuss various social, psychological and historical factors that constitute the complex relationship between gender and politics.
- Human Rights Forum
- Remembering Professor Martin Rene Atangana
Author, Teacher, Musician, Gentleman
- School of Arts and Sciences: Fall 2015 Exposition
Featuring faculty and student collaborations in Research, Scholarship and Creative Work!