- Provost Distinguished Scholars Lecture: Boundaries
Dr. Elizabeth Nunez will read from her new novel, Boundaries as part of the Provost Distinguished Scholars Lecture Series.
- Wanna Write Right Workshops
How to Use Punctuation
- Faculty Talks about Research, Scholarship, and Creative Works
Prof. Shereen Inayatulla will discuss "Redressing Literacy Narratives in Composition," her work in progress, as part of the Department's Series: Faculty Talks about Research, Scholarship, and Creative Works.
- Film Screening and Discussion, "Life and Debt" (2001)
Black History Month Events at the AARC!
- Formulating/ Supporting Thesis Statements Workshop
Session 2 of the York College Writing Center's Writing Skills Workshops. These are open to all students who may be interested.
- “In the Wake of the Spray: The Twentieth Century Sailing Narrative”
Prof Jim Papa of the English Department will be leading a discussion of theTwentieth Century sailing narrative.
- English Department Open House
Meet English Department faculty, students, and York’s scholarship coordinator
- Provost Lecture Series - Shereen Inayatulla
Literacy Narratives in Composition
Provost Lecture Series
- Poetry Reading by East Harlem Poet and Playwright Jesus Papoleto Melendez
A founding poet of the Nuyorican poetry movement, Jesus Papoleto Melendez is the author of four volumes of poetry inspired by life in El Barrio: Casting Long Shadows (1970), Street Poetry and Other Poems (1972), Concertos on Market Street (1993), Hey Yo! Yo Soy! 40 Years of Nuyorican Street Poetry: The Collected Works of Jesus Papoleto Melendez (2012, Volume 1).
- Poetry Reading by Nina Bannett
Celebrate National Poetry Month at York with a reading by poet Nina Bannett.