- York College Appoints Dr. Ron Daniels Distinguished Lecturer
A Black History Month presentation entitled Beyond Heroes and Heroines: Black History as Corrective for Racism and Cultural Aggression; a discussion of the impact of the work of Dr. Martin Luther King
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
A Conversation with Frances Negrón-Muntaner: Producer/Director/Writer/Videographer
- "Gathering of Remembrance, Reflection and Recommitment"
To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King.
- Guest Speaker from The Innocence Project
The Innocence Project is a non-profit legal clinic affiliated with the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University and created by Barry C. Scheck and Peter J. Neufeld in 1992.
- NSSS - Life Cycle Evolution, Immortality, and Transdifferentiation in Hydrozoa (Cnidaria)
Hosted by: Margaret MacNeil
- Meet Pulitzer-Prize Winning Playwright Lynn Nottage
The Cultural Diversity Program in conjunction with the York College Theater Program is Proud to Sponsor 2009 Pulitzer Prize-Winning Playwright, Lynn Nottage, in a talkback immediately following the production of her play Fabulation.
- Mi Vida comprometida/ A Committed Life
Inaugural Annual Lecture for Women's History Month
- Pizza Party in Honor of Pi Day
Fascinating facts about pi to contemplate as you munch on pizza and other goodies.
- Psychologies of Global Warming
York Honors and Journalism Programs invite you to a lecture by Bill Blakemore, ABC News Correspondent.
- Ron Daniels on Black History as Corrective for Racism & Cultural Aggression
Dr. Ron Daniels is a renowned civil rights/human rights leader and York's first Distinguished Lecturer.