Fall 2022 Convocation
A-CORE Outside Plaza Amphitheater
Join us for the 2022 York College Convocation
Welcome Dr. Thomas Marion, Master of Ceremonies
Greetings to first-year students and acknowledgment of SGA membersMs. Nish-hoa Williams, Student Government President
GreetingsDr. Derrick Brazill, Provost
GreetingsDr. Karen Williams, Interim Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
First-year pledgeMs. Shayla Pruitt, Interim Director of First Year Experience and Mentoring
Alumni SpeakerDr. Clinton Ehidom, Alumnus ’18
RemarksDr. Berenecea Eanes, President
Alma Mater Dr. Jonathan Quash
Closing Remarks Dr. Thomas Marion, Master of Ceremonies
Festivities immediately following
First-Year Student Pledge
I pledge to sincerely commit myself to five principles:
- I will give my best effort to my coursework and seek assistance when appropriate.
- I will uphold the highest ethical standards in everything that I do.
- I will pursue opportunities for personal development and civic engagement.
- I will actively participate in college programs and services.
- I will be a devoted and responsible citizen of York College, of my community, my nation, and the world.
Do you commit yourself to these principles? If so, say “I DO”
By Andrea Kazlas, Class of 1987 Hail York College! Proudly we see York as the star of The City University so here we stand to pledge by your name to bring our college glory, honor, and fame.
From all corners of the world, from our rich diversity, in our common quest for truth we have formed a family; and though we may be far away, yet our hearts are ever near to the school we hold so dear.
Though the road was often rough we worked hours late and long when the going seemed too tough we strove harder to be strong and now we’ve made it here at last we can hold our heads up high we can spread our wings and fly.