Creating the VoiceThread link
To create any VoiceThread (VT) videos for students to watch, you will need to create a space to put all your videos and slides. This is a tutorial on how to create an "VT Homepage" space in your Blackboard (Bb) course.
VoiceThread is integrated into Bb. It works best on Google Chrome and Firefox.
1. Go to a content area page in your Bb course.
2. Click "Build Content" > "York VoiceThread".
3. On the Create VoiceThread screen, type in an appropriate name and description/instruction.
4. Click No under "Enable Evaluation".
5. Click on the newly created VoiceThread link.
6. Under "Choose an activity type" page, click on "Individual VoiceThread".
7. You will see previous VT videos that you've created. If you want the student to view a previously created VT video, click on the thumbnail, and click "Continue".
If you have not created a VT video, click "+ Create New VoiceThread" on the top-right hand corner," add your video/slide, and click "Continue".
8. Add media and edit slides if necessary, then click "Continue".
9. To record additional comments for students, click on the "+ Comment" in the middle, and press "Continue" when you finish adding the comments.
10. Click "Publish" and your VoiceThread Lecture video is created.
11. Click on your course menu link to return to your content page (in this example, it is the "Course Materials" page) where you added the VT Individual lecture link. You and your students will be able to access your recorded lecture or presentation on VT from the link on this page.