Respondus Lockdown Browser FAQs
Respondus LockDown Browser™ (RLDB) is a customized browser that increases the security of test delivery in Blackboard. When you use Respondus LockDown Browser™ to access an exam, you are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Once an assessment is started, you are locked into it until it’s submitted for grading. RLDB is considered as an online proctoring tool. No webcam is involved with RLDB in the test process.
Based on the University guidance, "an online proctoring tool may only be required if the course description or course syllabus noted that one might be used, allowing the student to make an informed decision about enrolling in that course."
RLDB works on Windows 10 and 8, MacOS 10.12 - 11.1, iPads and Chromebooks. Depending on which device you have, click the appropriate link below to learn where to download the RLDB, how to install and use it for tests.
- RLDB guide for students using Windows and MacOS
- RLDB guide for students using an iPad
- RLDB guide for students using a Chromebook
- Search for answers to questions regarding RLDB on CUNY's website
- Need more help? Come to our Live Bb Support for Students in CTLET Bb organization from Bb Home page,
or from your course navigation menu, click "Bb and Tech Support."
Our hours are:
- Mondays - Thursdays: 9 am - 9 pm
- Fridays: 9 am - 5 pm
- Saturdays: 9 am - 1 pm