- You need to have a valid CUNY email in Blackboard in order to submit your paper to Turnitin. To find out if you have a CUNY email in Blackboard, check out this tutorial: Setting up your Blackboard.
- Do not include special characters in the filename of your paper. It can cause that your professor is not able to see your paper.
Note: if you see this icon , it is a Turnitin assignment. Follow the steps below to submit.
How do I submit my paper to Turnitin?
Note: if there is a rubric associated with this assignment, make sure you review it before you start to work on your paper.
- Go to your Turnitin assignment in your Blackboard course and click View/Complete. Note: it may take a few seconds to load the page.
- On the “Submit Turnitin Assignment” page, look at the bottom. If your professor uses Blackboard’s rubric tool, you will see a Rubric button on the left. Click on it to make sure that your paper follows the rubric. When you are ready to submit your paper, click the Submit button.
- On the next page that comes up, type in a submission title. Choose where you will find your paper by clicking “Choose from this computer,” “Choose from Dropbox,” or “Choose from Google Drive” button.
- Click Upload bottom at the bottom left.
- On the next page that comes up, review the information. Then scroll down and click the Confirm button. This step is very important. If you do not click the Confirm button, your paper will not be submitted successfully.
You should receive an email notification with title “This is your Turnitin Digital Receipt”. It will be sent to your email address listed in Blackboard. To find out which email address is in your Blackboard account, check out this tutorial: Your Email address in Blackboard. If you do not receive an email, it means that you do not submit your paper successfully. Try to submit again.
How to view the Turnitin similarity report for my paper and the feedback from my professor
- Go to your Turnitin assignment in your Blackboard course and click View/Complete.
- Click the View button at the bottom right. If the View button is grayed out, it means that your professor hasn’t enabled the viewing for students yet. Check with your professor as to when you will be able to view the report and feedback.
- The “Feedback Studio” screen is open. The number on the red vertical toolbar tells the matching percentage of your paper text with the internet resource, journal articles, etc. Click on the number enables you to see which text on the left panel matches with which resources on the right panel.
- Click the call-out icon on the blue toolbar enables you to see your professor’s inline comments on the left panel if there is any and overall feedback on the right panel. On the left panel, click on the call-out icon or the frag rectangle with the blue background to see inline comments. On the right panel, if your professor uses Blackboard rubric tool, you can click “View Rubric” to see your scores based on the rubric. If your professor leaves a voice feedback, click the triangle play button to listen to the audio feedback.