LinkedIn Learning Content in Blackboard
Make sure that you and your students have a valid email in Blackboard.
- In your Bb course, go to a content area such as “Course Materials” or “Assignments.”
- Click “Build Content,” then “York LinkedIn Learning.”
This link will provide you with access to LinkedIn Learning system to browse and pick existing video content. Later in this tutorial, you will find steps to post links to specific videos for your students
- For the reasons stated in step 2, we recommend you give a generic name such as “Access to LinkedIn Learning” and make it unavailable to students unless you want students to browse courses and videos in LinkedIn Learning themselves.
- Click "Submit."
- Click the newly created link to access LinkedIn system.
- In LinkedIn Learning page, on the top right, click “Go to Admin” link.
- Hover to the word "Content" on the top banner and select "Featured."
- Click "Browse" to select a topic or type a keyword in the search box to search for videos.
- After you find the course or video you want your students to view, click "More" the right, then select “Share via link”
- To share a specific video within the course, click on the video, then the share button, and select "Share via link".
- Go back to your Bb course where you want to post the shared link of the selected course/video.
- Click “Build Content” then "Web Link". Type in an appropriate Name, and paste the URL link from LinkedIn Learning. Check the box for “This link is to a Tool Provider.”
- You will see the option to enable Evaluation. Check "Yes", input a number for Points Possible, checkbox for Due Date and set the due date and time.
- Click "Submit". A grade column is created in the course Grade Center. In this column, you will find students progress in the LinkedIn Learning video or course.
Note: If you forgot to add the Tool Provider in the Web Link section, please delete the link and redo it to include the Tool Provider.