LinkedIn Learning Content in Blackboard
Make sure that you and your students have a valid email in Blackboard.
- In your Bb course, go to a content area such as “Course Materials” or “Assignments”
- Click “Build Content,” then “York LinkedIn Learning”
- Note: this link will provide you with access to LinkedIn Learning system to browse and pick existing video content. Later in this tutorial, you will find steps to post links to specific videos for your students
- For the reasons stated in step 3, we recommend you give a generic name such as “Access to LinkedIn Learning” and make it unavailable to students unless you want students to browse courses and videos in LinkedIn Learning themselves
- Click "Submit"
- Click the newly created link to access LinkedIn system
- In LinkedIn Learning page, on the top right, click “Go to Admin” link
- Click "Content" on the top banner
- On the Explore tab, click Topics to select a topic, or type a key word in the search box to search for videos
- After you find the course or video you want your students to study, click the arrow on the right, then select “Get SSO URL”
OR click the 3-dot at the bottom right of the course then select “Get SSO URL”
- Go back to your course section where you want to post the link to the selected course/video. Click “Build Content” then "Web Link". Type in an appropriate Name, and paste the SSO URL from LinkedIn Learning. Check the box for “This link is to a Tool Provider”
- You will see the option to enable Evaluation. Check "Yes", input a number for Points Possible, checkbox for Due Date and set the due date and time
- Click "Submit". A grade column is created in the course Grade Center. In this column, you will find students progress in the LinkedIn Learning video or course.