Changing user roles and availability
A faculty tutorial on how to change user roles and availability in a Blackboard course
Make sure you are inside the Blackboard course to begin following the instructions below.
- Under Course Management, click on "Users and Groups", then "Users"
- Hover to the username you wish to change the role of and click on the chevron (down arrow) on the right-hand side
- Select "Change User's Role in Course"
- In Change User's Role in Course page, select the user role for this user. To learn more about the roles description and access, click Course Roles.
- To change the availability of the user, click on the drop-down menu and select YES or NO.
- To save your changes, click "Submit"
You changed the user role and availability.