- Commencement Exercise Appeal Application
- The Commencement Exercise is Only a Ceremony and Does Not Indicate Completion of All Degree Requirements. To Earn A Degree From York College You Must Complete All Requirements And Submit A Diploma Card.
- What student employee
- When Feb 19, 2019 04:00 PM to Apr 10, 2019 11:55 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where AC-2F01A
- Add event to calendar iCal
Students wishing to participate in the spring 2019 commencement exercises but did not complete their degree requirements by the end of the spring 2019 term must submit an application to the Committee of Commencement Appeals.
Students eligible to petition the Committee of Commencement Appeals must:
- Have cumulative, major, and minor GPA (Grade Point Average) at the level required for their degree program(s)
- Have cumulative GPA above 2.0 by the end of the previous fall semester.
- Have no more than 4 (four) failing (F (Failed), FIN (Incomplete changed to F), INC (incomplete), W (Withdrawal), or WU (Withdrew Unofficially) grades total included on a student's transcript.
- Need 6 (six) credits (two courses) or fewer to complete their degree requirements
- Register and clear tuition for the remaining course degree requirements in the Summer I or Summer I extended sessions
Summer 2019 graduates wishing to participate in the spring 2019 commencement exercises, must submit a Commencement Appeal application.
To receive approval to participate a student must do the following:
- 1. Register for the necessary summer courses(s).
- Students planning to take a course(s) at another CUNY institution must file an ePermit for a CUNY college on their CUNYfirst account before April 25, 2019.
- Students planning to take a course(s) at a non-CUNY institution must complete a Non-CUNY Permit form that must be processed prior to the registration period for both institutions before April 25, 2019.
*Courses taken on permit must be equivalent to a specific course and fulfill a specific degree requirement. Only students in good academic standing will be eligible to apply.
- In the event, the student is planning to do an internship during the summer, and the course has not opened by the application deadline, a letter from the department chair must be included with the submitted application.
- Apply for spring 2019 graduation on CUNYfirst
*Any student who missed the September 16, 2018 deadline to apply online for spring 2019 graduation and is registered for all outstanding degree requirements can come in person to the Office of the Registrar from February 19 – March 21, 2019, to request an application card for spring graduation.
**The deadline to apply on CUNYfirst for summer 2019 graduation will be February 14, 2019.
Once an eligible student's summer registration and graduation application status are verified, the student will receive an email notifying them of the outcome of their appeal within five business days. Should the appeal be successful, the student should consult the Commencement website for information/next steps for ceremony participation (for example, reserving tickets and purchasing regalia).
*If approved, your name will not appear in the spring 2019 Commencement Program and you will not be allowed to participate in the 2020 Commencement Exercise.