Honors Recognition Ceremony
Candidates for honors recognition will receive an invitation from the College President inviting them to participate in this event. Bachelor degrees with graduation honors are conferred in accordance with the following cumulative grade point averages (students must have completed a minimum of 56 credits at York College to be eligible for these honors):
- Cum Laude 3.5-3.69
- Magna Cum Laude 3.7-3.84
- Summa Cum laude 3.85-4.00
Computation of Graduation Honors for the ceremony will be based on:
- The grades of A+ through F
- NC, R, WU, and INC calculated as F grades
- Administrative grades of PEN, W, WA, *WN, and Z excluded from calculations, and
- Official transcript information from the Office of the Registrar as of the conclusion of the Fall 2019 semester. Due to printing schedules and deadlines, candidates eligible to graduate with honors resulting from Spring 2020 grades may not be listed in the program and will not receive award certificates. However, graduation honors distinctions will be noted on their final official York transcripts and degrees.
Honors Ceremony Information
- Students, faculty, and staff invited to the Honors Recognition Ceremony should RSVP by Friday, May 22, 2020, using the Honors Ceremony Reservation Form.
- Student honorees and members of the Platform Party should arrive at the Performing Arts Center (PAC) no later than 5:30 pm. Honorees will check in and receive their identifying card and instructions for walking on stage. The Platform Party will gather in the Lobby. No one will be seated after the program begins.
- The Honors Recognition Ceremony is an academic exercise and designed to be a dignified event. Honors students should wear appropriate attire (business-formal). Platform Party Members should wear academic regalia.
- Honors recipients will be seated in the front center section of the PAC. Their guests will be seated separately by event staff.
- A light reception for student honorees, their guests, and faculty and staff attending the ceremony will be held immediately after the event in the lobby area of the PAC.
- Parking will be available in the College’s two parking lots on Guy R. Brewer Blvd. Street parking on Liberty Avenue and other surrounding streets may also be available.
- D to the College and the Performing Arts Center are available on the York College website.
Contact Information: Ms. Julissa Contreras (firstname.lastname@example.org)