Frank Pomilla Award for Science Teaching
This award is in honor of Dr. Frank Pomilla, Emeritus Professor of Physics and a founding member of York College. He was the first chair of the original Department of Natural Sciences. He retired from York in 1992. With the assistance of his colleagues and friends, his children have established this award in honor of Dr. Pomilla's love and dedication to York College and his students. The purpose of this award is to recognize academic excellence and to provide financial aid to students who have made a commitment to teach science, especially physics.
- Current Students
- Physics (BS)
- Full time rising senior (at least 85 credits completed) with at least 60 credits completed at York College.
- Student must be a Natural Science major, preferably in Physics, with minor in Education
- Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of the award
- Must show evidence of financial need
- Essay question requested by the donor