HCASC summer internship 2017
This program is open to students currently attending an eligible HBCU participating in the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge program.
areas for intern placement
- Export Sales
- Environmental BusinessDevelopment
- Product Planning
- Export Service
- Data Analytics
- Parts & Service
- Market Sensing
- Customer Service
pay and hours
We offer a competitive hourly wage for a 40-hour work week.
In addition to gaining experience in a corporate environment, you will have the opportunity to expand your project management, presentation, and team-building skills. Your contributions will make a difference in the departments you support.
The internship will take place at our corporate headquarters in Torrance, CA.
how to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our Career site and click on Open Positions. The job number is AME00001O.
The deadline to apply is December 9, 2016.
What is the Honda Summer Intern Program?
This program gives sophomore, junior and senior level college students an opportunity to apply the skills they have learned in their academic career to a real-world corporate setting. During the program, Interns will be placed in various departments throughout the company which include: Motorcycle, Sales, Export Service, Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Product Planning, Logistics, Communications, Parts & Service, Export Sales, and Data Analytics. Interns then become involved in projects which contribute to the business needs of the department. Training is provided by the department manager/supervisor. At the end of the program the Interns have the opportunity to make a final presentation to department executives, managers, and peers.
What are the candidate requirements?
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior level full-time student currently participating in the Honda CampusAll-Star Challenge program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or better (Transcripts Required)
- Letter of Recommendation from an HCASC coach or campus coordinator required. Additionalrecommendations by the HBCU president or HCASC volunteers may also be submitted.
- Major in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, SupplyChain Management, Automotive Technology, Logistics or Communications preferred
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exhibited leadership, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter Must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States for the duration ofthe program
- Must be available to work full-time between early June – early August 2017 (subject to change)
What is the selection and interview process?
Candidates are currently being recruited from various colleges and universities. Final candidates will participate in a series of phone and/or video interviews conducted by Human Resources. Final selection of candidates will be announced prior to this year’s HCASC event.
When does the program start?
This year’s 10-week summer program will start early June 2017 and run through early August 2017. These dates are approximate and may depend on your university’s academic schedule.
What benefits does the program offer?
As a Summer Intern, you will gain direct experience & exposure to a corporate environment in addition to gaining project management and presentation skills. You will also enhance your business etiquette and team-building skills.
What career opportunities are there for me?
Past Interns have gone on to apply for part-time and full-time positions with Honda pending completion of the program. Some have joined the Honda family and are successful in their role. Among the many Honda associates, HBCU graduates hold positions within the Honda family.
Will Honda provide transportation or housing benefits?
Transportation and housing benefits will be provided for the duration of the program.