CUNY Aviation Institute
In cooperation with local, national, and international partners the CUNY Aviation Institute aims to develop and disseminate pedagogical material relevant to airlines, airports, service providers, civil aviation authorities, and related industries. Furthermore, the CUNY Aviation Institute aims to help continuously develop programs of study at all academic levels, including credit and non-credit courses predicated on the highest standards of quality.
The CUNY Aviation Institute also promotes high quality research and academic exchange of ideas in the field of aviation and assists in the training of professional educators and researchers in this area. As an academic forum on education and research in the field of aviation, CUNY Aviation Institute acts as the center for a network of global partners comprising the private sector, educational institutions, international organizations, trade associations, governments and other bodies with interest in aviation management.
- Communication competence is the ability to read, write, speak, and listen and to use these processes effectively to acquire, develop, and convey their creative ideas;
- Critical thinking is the ability to examine aviation issues rationally, logically, and coherently;
- Environmental, Cultural and Diversity competence an understanding of the societal context or environment and where the aviation industry is now existing and working;
- Professional identity is a concern for improving the knowledge, skills, and values of the aviation profession;
- Professional ethics is an understanding of the ethics of the aviation profession as standards that guide professional behavior;
- Adaptive competence is anticipating, adapting to, and promoting changes important to the aviation industry professional societal purpose and role;
- Leadership competence is an ability to make timely and effective decisions and the capacity to assume appropriate leadership roles in the aviation industry;
- Scholarly concern for improvement is recognizing the need to increase knowledge and to advance the aviation industry and profession through both theoretical and applied research;
- Motivation of continued learning is exploring and expanding personal, civic, and professional knowledge and skills through a lifetime; and
- Globalization and technology competence is an understanding of the forces driving globalization and technology in aviation.