Smartphone/Cell Phone & Electronic Items (iPods; iPads) Thefts
The Public Safety Department implores all members of the campus community to take extra care in their personal travels to and from campus areas. Please be responsible for your own personal security. Listed below are some guidelines for safe travel in the South Jamaica areas:
- Do not walk and talk while holding a SmartPhone/cell phone, ipod or iPads type devices in your hand! Use a hands free device for your cell phone.
- Be observant. Make sure that you are aware of your environment.
- Keep your head up and don't be afraid to make eye contact with people.
- Travel in high traffic, well-lit areas of the street. (Use Cardinal Walkway to 159th Street)
- Do not stop to engage in conversations with stranger en route to your destination.
- If you encounter any act of theft, or harassment do not expose yourself to harm. Commit the identity/description to memory, allow them to leave and report the incident immediately to the Public Safety Department.
Please help us, help you by following these suggestions. Additionally security works best collectively, whether it involves you or your fellow co-worker or classmates. If you "SEE IT, REPORT IT!" We are working to resolve all security issues in and around this campus.
If you have any questions regarding the above subject matter please contact the Public Safety Office, Room 1M02, extension 2222. Thank you.